Sport and the Law
Sport and the Law: A Concise Guide provides an overview of the law relating to sport in Ireland. In recent years we have seen an increased involvement of the law as it applies sport. Sport and the Law identifies the main legal concepts in a clear, concise and user-friendly manner.
Out of stock
Relevant topics include:
• Criminal liability and on-field violence – defence of consent
• The legality of fighting sports
• Civil liability – participants, referees and coaches
• Drugs in sport
• Gender testing and the rights of transgender athletes
• Contract law
• Restraint of trade
• The regulation of football agents
• Media rights
• The impact of European law on sport – free movement of persons, competition law, discrimination and the provision of services
• Alternative dispute resolution – the Disputes Resolution Authority and the Court of Arbitration for Sport
• Animals in sport – historical and modern involvement of animals in sport
Sport and the Law: A Concise Guide is intended for use by sports governing bodies, sports persons, coaches, referees, lawyers, and those studying sports or law related courses. It is also a useful source for those who have an interest in the interaction between sport and the law.
Laura Donnellan, LLB, LLM is a Lecturer in Law in the School of Law, University of Limerick.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.