Guidelines for Publishing Proposals
The key points to bear in mind are:
- Who you are writing for.
- The structure of the book.
- How you can offer something different from competing titles
Please send the following: .
- A 300-500 word description of the aim and scope of the publication (i.e. features and benefits for the reader, intended style, topics covered, why you see a need for such a book, where the idea originates from, etc.)
- A list of chapter headings with a short synopsis of each chapter.
- Proposed length of text (number of words) and estimated delivery date. Please be realistic here
- Two sample chapters
- Brief biographical details, including details of other published work.
- A definition of the target market/readership – e.g. academic, practitioner, student, undergraduate/postgraduate; Irish, UK or international potential.
- Details of comparable or competitive titles and why this one is different
- Details of any marketing support you will be able to provide – e.g. mailing lists, contacts etc.
Please send your proposals to:
Lonsdale Law Publishing
E-mail: [email protected]